PiMARQ JD Code: 072- Updated
Role Name: Manual Tester
About Company: Our client is envisioned as a platform that can deliver analytical business insights while keeping the complexity out. They help develop and integrate business analytics, the key ingredient in any digital transformation, on a ready-to-use data lake platform supported by a range of managed and concierge services.
They have an amazing team that brings tremendous depth in the data warehouse, business intelligence and analytics area with experience ranging from 15 years to 25 years. A majority of their team members have worked for large IT consulting companies such as Capgemini, DXC and large corporations such as GM and Unilever.
- Assess software quality through manual and automated testing. Responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches.
- Should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. Competent in executing test cases and passionate about quality.
- Reviewing and analysing system specifications
- Executing test scripts and reviewing results
- Reporting and documenting technical issues.
Day to day activities:
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities within a scrum when working with Agile teams
- Test data/Environment setup in-coordination with upstream/downstream teams
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough manual testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products/application to meet client needs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities, test coverage and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Close to 96-100% test coverage
- Responsible for test cases, test plan and regression tests.
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with testers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
Growth & Development:
- Opportunities to gain real life experience in length and breadth of testing technologies and methodologies.
- An engineering graduate in Computer Science
Core Skills & Competencies:
- Experience manual and automated testing.
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Great attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem solving aptitude
Background / Experience:
- Worked in Agile Teams and familiar with agile development methodologies.
- Experience in developing exploratory tests and regression tests.
- Experience in developing and executing test plans and test cases.
- Software Product Development Companies
- Selenium and option open source BDD tools
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
Location: Work from Home
Experience: 2+ years