PiMARQ JD Code: 022
Role Name: DevOps Engineer
Experience: 0.5 to 1 Year
DevOps Engineer to work with our innovative product operations team.
The successful candidate will use their experience to:
- Manage and support KYS’ Cloud product installations and platform operations
- Define and guide customers in application architecture and solution that are deployed into public/private clouds
- Provide systems administration support and automation for Unix/Windows virtual machines in the cloud. This includes managing operating system installations and patching, application installations and patching (App Servers, DB Servers), managing network and VLAN configurations, setting up VPNs and security controls, managing backup processes and environments, managing systems monitoring and alerts, and supporting customer’s virtual environments
- In addition, the candidate should have knowledge in Unix & Windows scripting to automate installations, configs, & management of virtual resources in the cloud that support scalability, high availability, and disaster recovery
- The role requires a understanding of Linux server administration, Networking and key applications and services running on virtualized and non-virtualized platforms.
- In addition, this role as DevOps engineer is responsible for complex problem resolution, creating and improving procedures and facilitating communication.
- Other duties include researching, proofing, & authoring technical documentation that are beneficial to the company.
- Responsibilities also include providing oversight of a number of Hosted Linux systems, databases, and network troubleshooting, and providing various technical solutions to the business.
- This is a great career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to extend and utilize his or her solid and broad skills.
- While his/her primary role is support operations for the system center, he/she will be also occasionally required to take active role in testing applications, and diagnosis of IT problems outside their scope of responsibility.
- A successful candidate will be required have a broad range of knowledge and experience, as well as be a quick learner to understand and work with specialized systems.
- The work can be demanding at times, particularly as deadlines approach, when extra hours may be required based on the candidate’s effective deliverable capacities. Qualifications: Must Have:
- At least 0.5 years of experience administrating and managing Linux/Windows/Solaris systems and environments
- Exposure to Orchestration tools like Mcollective, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Understanding of Linux, Dockers, Kubernetes, networking protocols, advanced tools & troubleshooting techniques
- Exposure to Oracle OVM, VMWare virtualization technologies and exposure to Cloud configuration tools
- Exposure to supporting production, test, & development environments for small to medium to data centers
- Experience in installing and configuring application servers and database servers
- Experience in installation and configuration of Linux, Solaris or Windows in enterprise environment
- Effective communication skills via phone and email in English are mandatory. Business Level English Skills
- Possess & demonstrates strong logical-thinking skill, full of intellectual curiosity and high desire for self-development
- Ability to come with best solution by capturing big picture instead of focusing on minor details/issues. RCA
- Good customer communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- BE in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related areas is preferred
Good to have:
- Linux (OEL 5/6/7* all updates, Ubuntu)
- Windows Server 2008/2010/2012
- Ticket support systems such as Remedy, Trac, Bugzilla, etc.
- Application servers such as WebSphere, JBoss, Apache
- Database servers such as Oracle, MySQL
- Very good understanding of DevOps Administration & operation
- OEL certified
- Cloud security architectures and secure data transfer protocols
- Exposure to cloud providers such as Amazon, GCP, Azure, E2E, GoGrid, Rackspace, Terremark, Savvis
- Exposure to VMware vSphere/vCenter/ESXi environments
- Exposure to OpenSwan VPN, OpenVPN, Cisco VPN, or other VPN client/server technologies